Opportunities For Everyone.
We welcome enquiries from all new potential volunteers. If you are enthusiastic about local history and want to find out more please do get in touch.
There is no need to be a Roman expert (though you are more than welcome if you are), just enthusiasm and a willingness to get involved. The opportunities are many and varied including:
- Work in the museum as front of house, greeting and helping visitors.
- Work behind the scenes at the museum, documentation, conservation etc.
- Learn to be a walk guide and then lead one of our popular local history walks from Melrose to Newstead.
- Support visiting school groups with their educational visits.
- Physical tasks such as maintenance and repairs.
- Training and learning opportunities for volunteers.
- Social activities and volunteer trips/outings.
- We are also happy to provide work experience opportunities for Secondary and College/ University students, subject to availability
To get involved, find out more or just make contact email our Volunteer Coordinator, Frances Mann on email@example.com or call 01835 342788
We look forward to meeting you…