Learning & Education
The trust has a history of providing engaging and curriculum-relevant education & learning experiences. We can offer education groups a variety of learning opportunities to engage them in the story of Roman & Iron Age Scotland. We can adapt and tailor our activities to match with the demands of schools and students.
Our activities are focussed around our fantastic interactive five star museum in Melrose, where children can learn about Roman life at the frontier through the artefacts left at Trimontium and the stories of the people who lived there. We can also offer the following activities, based on your group needs:
- Walks at the Trimontium Fort Site at Newstead (we recommend this in summer months only)
- Roman/ Iron Age themed craft activites
- Handling sessions using both original and replica objects to match your curriculum needs
- Museum staff can visit your school with artefacts, images & film resources
- Online classroom resources
As well as clear links to all aspects of Roman history the Trimontium Trust can support teachers and students with wider curriculum areas or themes such as improving research skills, investigation of primary and secondary sources of evidence, identification & classification, examination of materials and their properties, interpretation, display and communication skills.
Please feel free to contact us on the following email address or phone number to discuss working with us.
Download a booking form and price information here