Opportunities For Everyone.
Trimontium welcomes enquiries from all new potential volunteers throughout the year.
Trimontium is a volunteer led organisation and we rely on our trusty cohort to support our activities and work. We welcome all ages, skills and experience.
There is no need to be a Roman expert (though you are more than welcome if you are), just enthusiasm and a willingness to get involved. The opportunities are many and varied including:
- Work in the museum as front of house, greeting and helping visitors.
- Work behind the scenes at the museum, documentation, conservation etc.
- Learn to be a walk guide and then lead one of our popular local history walks from Melrose to Newstead.
- Assist in our archive, digitising documents and helping to create our online archive
- Take part in archaeological activities, including sorting, cataloguing and caring for finds
- Help create social media content for our popular channels with almost 50k followers
- You don’t have to stick to just one role – lots of our volunteers do multiple activities.
We provide lots of training opportunities for those volunteers who want to expand their skills, get some work experience or just want to try something new. Trimontium is passionate about supporting the next generation of heritage stars and we welcome student and work experience placements. We can even support remote volunteering for those who don’t live in the local area.
Trimontium volunteers have regular social events, free access to our talks, volunteer excursions and even a shop discount!
We look forward to meeting you…