Corsehope Rings, a prehistoric fort, is on the summit of Mid Hill near the small village of Heriot in the Scottish Borders. It sits roughly 1300 ft above sea level and has an imposing view across Heriot Water on the north-west and Corsehope Burn on the south-east side. Nowadays we can see the outlines of an oval fort with four roughly concentric shallow rampart defences with external ditches. Some believe that these ramparts may have held palisades in a later phase of the fort. There are three entrances to the fort that penetrate the defences; the slanted entrance on the north-east side differs from the other openings.
Although the inside of the fort has been ploughed, there are faint traces of a number of ring-ditch houses visible. These are thought to be contemporary with the surviving lines of this fort.
For more information see The Atlas of Hillforts website entry on Corsehope Rings here.